Chunky Sneakers 101

Chunky sneakers rapidly stomped their way into everyones closets over the recent Australian summer with brands like Nike, Windsor Smith, Fila and more realising budget friendly versions of the popular Balenciaga Triple S sneaker. Typically chunky sneakers are made in an all white colour way to create for a more versatile shoe but brands like adidas have experimented with colour. The adidas Yung Ones have a vibrant colour way of blue, red and white but are surprisingly very easy to style.

Chunky sneakers are arguably the most comfortable shoe of choice for me right now, whether it be my spotty Converse platforms to spice up an outfit, my classic white windsor smiths to simply add height or my much cheaper alternative to the Triple S sneaker that i found on ASOS for $60 to add a sporty vibe to my outfits. However you don't need to be excessive and buy three pairs of chunky sneakers like me, as i find that one pair  (specifically white) can be worn with active wear outfits, casual outfits and even more dressed up outfits.

When styling chunky sneakers there really are no rules! The thick design elongates the wearers legs so when styling my chunky sneakers i tend to play this up by wearing long straight or skinny leg pants but still exposing my ankle. Another style hack would be pairing your sneakers with cute patterned or coloured socks, a denim skirt and oversized crew neck for a casual comfy look, but thats just me!

I'm always looking for new styles and colours of chunky sneakers and different ways to style them and I'm sure i will find these as chunky sneakers make their mark on fashion all around the world.


Comments

Popular Posts